Friday, December 10, 2010

Waiting for Henry Schuelke and the Office of Professional Responsibility

Anchorage--



As we await the release of reports on prosecution failures in the government's case against Ted Stevens, you can look at two related items. The first is the report of USA Today yesterday detailing the Department of Justice's light-handed response to misconduct by federal prosecutors. The second is the pushback by Attorney General, covered here in a piece in the Website http://www.mainjustice.com/ (registration required).



1 comment:

Celia Harrison said...

Thanks for the info. I am glad prosecutorial misconduct is finally seeing the light of day. It happens on the state level also. In my case of wrongful arrest and imprisonment Rick Svobodney told me nothing would be done about the malfeasance of the prosecutor, called me a liar and hung up on me. He told me no one cared. The only reason it was exposed in the Stevens case was he was a powerful person and had the resources to get a good defense.